When evaluating if a lesson observation tool would benefit your company consider the following:
- Is your current teacher observation procedure as streamline and effective as it could be?
- Are observer’s judgments aligned to Ofsted lesson observation criteria?
- Is your procedure supporting staff to improve their approaches to teaching and learning?
- Can you readily identify good practice?
- Do your observation results inform your self assessment?
- Can you readily find out e.g how many lessons were graded 1 an 2 in the last 3 months and/or the last date a tutor was observed?
- Do you use e-observations that enable judgements to be recorded electronically and automatically collated?
- Are the results and action points recorded in such a way they readily provide evidence to external agents of the work you are doing to continually improve your organisation’s teaching and learning?
- Have you got an easy to manage Lesson Observation Feedback system?
To enable fast professional development for teaching staff it is essential that a solid observation system is in place. This will provide a secure framework in which staff can be monitored and helped in a speedy and relevant way. Software is the best type of central tool for such a system and it should be so easy-to-use that take up by all staff (whatever their computer abilities) is quick and whole hearted. We guarantee all of this in our software Observation Manager – you have 90 days to see for yourself that the system works, before paying a penny!
One function of the system must be the sharing of teacher observations examples and in so doing it will help instill in staff the importance of observation in teaching.
If the answer to any of these questions is NO then ProfDev Max is the answer to your lesson observation system needs – How to Buy
For an Overview of Observation Manager (including video) take a look at this link
Our Lesson Observation System is the answer to your requirements for teacher professional development software.